Throughout our 35 year anniversary, we have had a special focus on positive mental wellbeing. This reflects everything we do every day to support people affected by lymphoma, from the emotional support offered from our helpline service, through to our support meetings and Live your life virtual workshops that aim to inform, support and connect people affected by a lymphoma diagnosis. Here are just a few of our highlights from our anniversary year:
- We created a series of resources that cover various aspects of emotional wellbeing, physical health and self-management including wellbeing videos, webinars and a toolkit.
- Throughout the year, we have been sharing stories from people like Sarah who have told us about the things that helped support their emotional wellbeing throughout their experience of lymphoma, from diagnosis through to treatment and recovery. We also recorded six Lymphoma Voices podcasts where individuals have shared their personal thoughts and experiences.
- We continued to grow our online support services by launching bi-monthly special focus online support meetings to give people the opportunity to share their experiences and gain mutual support on specific topics such as stem cell transplants, active monitoring and fatigue.
- We also launched further resources for family, friends and carers who are supporting someone affected by lymphoma. Our new book, ‘When someone close to you has lymphoma’, provides tips to help people manage the physical, practical and emotional aspects of caring for someone who has lymphoma and we now have a monthly online support group for carers too.
- Our wonderful volunteers have given an amazing 3,078 hours of their time and supported 563 of our volunteering activities in 2021! We are truly grateful for their time and expertise, as so much of what we do relies on our volunteer network and they are vital to who we are.
- Our fundraising activities in 2021 have focused on both improving wellbeing and raising vital funds. From holding an anniversary tea party, to cycling 35 miles, we are truly grateful to everyone who has shown their support this year.
We are proud to have been making a difference for 35 years, and would like to thank everyone who has supported us along the way. Our promise for 2022 is that we will continue to do everything we can to provide vital information and support to people affected by lymphoma.
Together we can make sure no one has to face lymphoma alone.
31 December 2021