We are just weeks away from Blood Cancer Awareness Month which is the perfect opportunity to raise awareness of lymphoma, the most common form of blood cancer. Throughout September we want to make sure as many people as possible know the symptoms and that we are there for them if they need information and support.
If you’d like to get involved next month here are some ways you can show your support:
• Order or download our symptoms posters and postcards and display them at your local GP surgery, supermarket, place of worship, library, community centre, workplace or even your own front window.
• If you want to get fit and moving, step out for lymphoma and walk 270,000 steps during September - that's 9,000 steps a day! You'll be part of our team and can even claim a free Lymphoma Action water bottle for taking part! Can you walk the walk, stride the steps and face the footfalls to succeed in our challenge? Join the Facebook group to find out more.
• Why not go purple on the 15 September for World Lymphoma Awareness Day! Organise a Purple Clothes Day or host a virtual Purple Party. We have lots of wonderful purple fundraising ideas to help get you started.
• Be part of 27 in 27. By taking part you will not only help spread the message that someone is diagnosed with lymphoma in the UK every 27 minutes, you will also raise vital funds to support our work. You could bake and sell 27 cupcakes, hold a raffle with 27 prizes, or even get family and friends to sponsor the kids to do 27 chores!
• Simply follow us on social media and engage with our posts on World Lymphoma Awareness Day on 15 September to be part of a global message - the more you share, like and comment the further the messages will travel and the higher the profile will be raised! We're Lymphoma Action on Facebook, @LymphomaAction on Twitter and Lymphoma_Action on Instagram.
You can find even more inspiration and keep up to date with our plans for Blood Cancer Awareness Month here.