We're here to support you as a volunteer at every step of the way, so please do contact the Volunteering Team if you have any questions, or if you would like to discuss anything to do with your health and wellbeing, and the support you may need.
5 steps to mental wellbeing
The NHS have outlined 5 steps that can help improve your mental wellbeing. In line with these steps, we've listed some opportunities below that you may like to get involved with.
Connect with people around you; having others to talk to and share experiences with is important for mental wellbeing.
- Check our Activity Calendar for upcoming online volunteer meetups to connect with other volunteers: Lymphoma Action | Activity Calendar 2022
- Join our UK-wide Closed Facebook Group to connect with people affected by lymphoma from all over the UK.
2. Be Active
Physical activity can boost your mental health alongside your physical.
- Take part in some of our active fundraising events: Lymphoma Action | Take on a challenge
- Read our physical wellbeing pages: Lymphoma Action | Your physical wellbeing
Set yourself a goal and learn something new to help raise your confidence and self-esteem.
- Learn more about lymphoma and others experiences through our:
- Share your volunteer learning and training needs with us by emailing email@example.com
4. Give to Others
No matter how small, giving back to others helps provide a sense of self-worth and purpose.
- Read our ‘About our volunteering roles’ resource to find out about the other ways you can volunteer with us.
- Sign up to help with occasional volunteering opportunities.
- Send an eCard to someone to stay connected, say thank you, for a special occasion or just because: Lymphoma Action | Send an eCard
- Take part in some of our fundraising opportunities: Lymphoma Action | Fundraise with family, friends and colleagues
5. Be Present
Mindfulness is important; it means having an awareness of your body, thoughts, feelings and environment.
- Take a look at our guided mindfulness sessions: Lymphoma Action | Your emotional wellbeing
- Read more about mindfulness: NHS | Mindfulness (www.nhs.uk)
We will keep you informed of any additional information and resources we create and add to this page.