If you contact us for information and support through our freephone helpline, Live Chat or email services, here is what you can expect from us and the service we offer.
- We provide information about lymphoma – the condition, its treatment and the impact it can have on people with the condition, and those close to them.
- We offer signposting – we don’t always have the answers, and if we don’t we’ll try and find somewhere we can signpost to you, if appropriate. For example, by signposting you on to other organisations that may be able to help.
- We provide emotional support – we’re not counsellors but we offer understanding and a listening ear.
- We offer a ‘safe’ environment – so you can be as open as you’d like to be without judgement.
- We are caller-led and non-directive – you decide what you’d like to talk to us about and you lead the conversation. We won’t tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. We’re here to support you and whatever’s right for you.
- We are empathetic – we listen and understand, we hope to empower you to find the right way forward for you.
- Our services are tailored to you – we only give you information that is relevant to you.
- Our services are confidential – whatever you talk to us about doesn’t go outside of the charity. And we never pass your details on to anyone.
- You can contact us anonymously – you don’t have to give us your name or contact details when you contact us. (We only take your details if you’d like us to send you something, or you’d like to stay in touch.)
- Our helpline calls are not recorded – we know that having your call recorded can sometimes be off-putting. So we don’t do that.
- We’re not medically trained but we have experience in talking to people affected by lymphoma.
- We don’t give advice – we listen, give you information, offer you emotional support, and may have some suggestions of things that may help you. But we won’t tell you what to do, or decide what is ‘best for you’.
- We aren’t counsellors but we understand the impact lymphoma can have, and we offer a listening ear.
- We don’t limit your call – whether you call for 5 minutes or 40 minutes, you call once or many times, you are welcome.
- We can’t act on your behalf. We are a confidential line and so we do not pass your details on to anyone outside of the charity. That means we cannot contact other people on your behalf.
- We only keep anonymous data for reviewing our services – as you’d expect, as a charity we continuously review our services. Any information we keep to help us review and improve these services is anonymous.
We welcome feedback! If you have used our services and would like to give us feedback, we’d be happy to hear from you. In fact, we’d welcome you to fill in our feedback form.