If you are a journalist, you can reach our press office on 01296 619418 or by emailing your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
For out-of-hours media enquiries, please call 07710 393892.
Facts about lymphoma:
- Every 27 minutes someone is diagnosed with lymphoma* in the UK. That’s around 19,500 people every year.
- It is the UK’s fifth most common cancer.
- Around 125,000 people in the UK are living with lymphoma.
- Lymphoma is most prevalent in people over the age of 55 but is also the most frequently diagnosed cancer among younger people.
- There are no known causes of lymphoma.
- Lymphoma is a complex disease. There are two main types – non-Hodgkin lymphoma and Hodgkin lymphoma - with over 60 different sub-types. There are also many different forms (aggressive and chronic) which makes diagnosis and treatment difficult.
- Symptoms of lymphoma include a lump in the neck, armpit or groin; feeling worn out for no reason, unexplained weight loss, excessive sweating at night, constant itching for no reason.
*Includes Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma and CLL.
Facts about Lymphoma Action:
- Lymphoma Action was founded by patients in 1986.
- We are the only UK charity dedicated to providing accurate medical information and support to people affected by lymphoma including families, friends and carers.
- The services that we offer include a freephone helpline, award-winning free patient information in print and online, a buddy scheme with telephone links to other people with similar experiences, local support groups, patient conferences and an online forum.
Want to share your experiences of lymphoma?
If you have been affected by lymphoma and would like to share your experiences to help raise awareness, please contact our press office on 01296 619418 or email@example.com