At Lymphoma Action we welcome volunteers from all walks of life - volunteering really is for everyone.
So no matter where you live in the UK and whether you have a few hours to spare or would like to regularly get involved, we have opportunities to suit your time, interests and skills. Follow us on social media all this week to hear from our current volunteers about their experience, and we’ll also be sharing the top reasons for getting involved in volunteering with us on Twitter.
Our volunteers help us in so many ways - including organising support group meetings; representing us at events; reviewing our information; facilitating workshops; governing and overseeing the strategic direction of the charity; connecting with others to share their experiences; helping with tasks in our office and coordinating fundraising activities. If you can’t see anything that interests you, and you’d like to share your skills and expertise, we’d still like to hear from you as there will be other ways you can support!
Here are the ways you can get involved this Volunteers’ Week:
- Take a look at our volunteering opportunities to see the ways you could get involved
- Join one of our ‘introduction to volunteering’ webinars
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for updates - including our ‘month in the life of a volunteer’ story on Tuesday
- Encourage your family and friends to volunteer with us too
Do you currently volunteer with us?
If so, please do take 10 minutes to share your thoughts through our Volunteer Experience Survey 2019. We want to hear what you love about volunteering and what we can do to improve your experience. Your answers will be totally anonymous and we'd be very grateful for your feedback!
You can also get involved by:
- Sharing your reasons for volunteering with Lymphoma Action on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags #VolunteersWeek and #ReasonstoVolunteer
- Adding the Volunteers’ Week frame to your Facebook profile picture
- Sharing your volunteering story to encourage others to get involved