- Salary: £24,500 per annum
- Permanent contract
- Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
- Location: Aylesbury, Bucks (with potential for hybrid working)
- Closing date: 10 a.m. Monday 25 April 2022
- Interviews: Wednesday 4 May 2022
Are you committed to providing high quality information and support services? If so, we are looking for someone with the skills to make a real difference to the lives of people affected by lymphoma.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Information and Support team where you will use your skills and experience to provide information, support, empowerment and signposting to provide a valuable Helpline and Buddy Service to our service users, to ensure that no one has to face lymphoma alone.
To be successful you will need to:
- Have experience in counselling skills and working in an information and support giving environment, as you support people each day to navigate around the complex issues around lymphoma, its diagnosis, treatment and impact on daily life.
- Have excellent communication skills, as you will support people from a variety of different background and experiences.
- Be self-aware and understanding, to support you own wellbeing and that of others in your team.
- Be collaborative and engaging, as you liaise with other teams within the Charity to ensure that the needs and experience of people affected by lymphoma are represented internally and externally.
Lymphoma Action is a national charity that provides information and support to people affected by lymphoma – the fifth most common cancer in the UK. We have a great working culture that focuses on what we are here to do but also on being creative, supportive and having the right environment to be effective.
- If you would like to find out more about this role, please download the Recruitment Pack which includes the Job Description & Person Specification.
- To apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae and a Supporting Statement to evidence how you have gained the skills and experience we are looking for, as per the selection criteria in the Person Specification.
- We actively welcome applications that will help increase the diversity of our workforce, welcoming applications from those with disabilities and from minority groups and from different backgrounds and experiences.
- Applicants are also asked to complete an Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form, which will be kept separately to applications and not seen by the Panel.
- To apply, please email your CV, Supporting Statement and Diversity Monitoring Form (as Word documents, not pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 25 April 2022.
- Invitations to interview will be sent to shortlisted candidates on Wednesday 27 April.
- Pre-Interview tasks will be conducted on Tuesday 3 May by phone and email.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4 May at our head office in Aylesbury (if candidates are unable to attend in person, arrangements can be made for the interview to be conducted via Microsoft Teams video-conference).
We reserve the right to review applications and schedule interviews on an on-going basis, so early applications are encouraged.
If you have any queries about the application process or would like more information about the role, please contact Non Kinchin-Smith, HR Officer email@example.com
Lymphoma Action, is a registered charity in England and Wales (1068395) and in Scotland (SC04850).