Thank you so very much for your fantastic support this year!
We wanted to share just a few of the amazing things that we have achieved together in 2019 through our #12DaysofLA:
- In January we launched the first of three new support groups - and in total during 2019 we held 169 support group meetings, offering a safe environment where people can share their lymphoma experiences and ask questions.
- In February we celebrated Student Volunteering Week and throughout the year we have been working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive & meaningful volunteering experience - in total this year our volunteers have given us over 2,700 hours of their time.
- In March we held the first of 5 lymphoma education events for healthcare professionals - across our 2019 sessions we had 343 attendees.
- In April it was the London Marathon and we had 34 amazing people running to support everyone affected by lymphoma, who raised over £90,000 between them!
- In May we held our 2019 annual conference and it was our best attended to date, with 228 people joining us in London to hear from expert speakers and connect with others.
- In June we launched our Forever Flower - a unique gift to be given in celebration or in memory of a loved one. Over 500 Forever Flowers have now been purchased, helping raise vital funds to support our work.
- In July we published the summer issue of our Lymphoma Matters magazine which shares all the latest lymphoma news and stories - this year we have sent out over 36,000 copies to our supporters.
- In August we all went quackers for our first ever duck race, with over 650 ducks taking to the water to help us continue to provide our support services when they are needed most.
- In September our work was recognised at the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards, where we took away two wins and one runner up place for three of our fantastic resources - this year we have sent out over 27,000 information books to help people understand their lymphoma and treatment.
- In October over 70 dogs and their owners took part in our first Muddy Mutts sponsored walk - a round of ap-paws to all involved!
- In November our Radio 4 Appeal aired, with Carol sharing her lymphoma story to help raise awareness and an amazing £7,000 in funds.
- In December it was 20 years since our helpline became a freephone service and it continues to provide emotional support and practical information today - in 2019 we spoke to 1,300 people.
It is only thanks to support from people like you that we are able to continue to provide our vital information and support services to the thousands of people facing a lymphoma diagnosis.
Everyone at Lymphoma Action is wishing you a Merry Christmas and sending you warm wishes for the festive season and into 2020.
Please note: Our helpline and office is closed from 3pm on Christmas Eve until 10am on Thursday 2 January 2020. You can still use our website for information and support and we will get back to you as soon as we can in the new year. Please do not hesitate to contact your medical team if you have any concerns about your health.