• Voluntary role (reasonable expenses reimbursed)
• Trustees are required to prepare for and attend four board meetings a year
• Meetings currently held remotely using Zoom
Passionate, committed and talented Trustees are essential to a successful charity.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the governance and overall strategic direction of Lymphoma Action. In this role you will help us to plan for the long-term as well as the short-term, all the while staying focused on the needs of people affected by lymphoma. In addition, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the vital role that ICT and digital can play in the way an organisation operates.
Being a Trustee is an excellent way to develop your professional skills, improve your CV and gain real experience in strategic planning. It can be a fascinating experience and all of our Trustees make an invaluable contribution for people affected by lymphoma. As an inclusive organisation we welcome applications from all sections of society and from those with the potential to make great Trustees. We also encourage applications that will help increase the diversity of thinking on our Board.
Lymphoma Action is the UK’s only charity dedicated to lymphoma, the UK’s fifth most common cancer; we have been providing expert information and wide-ranging support for 35 years. With a head office in Aylesbury, we employ 30 staff and have over 300 volunteers. Our annual income in 2020 was circa £1.6m.
How to apply for the role
If you are interested in joining the Board of Lymphoma Action, then please read the Recruitment Pack thoroughly. Please also see our annual audited accounts for 2019. To apply for this role, please provide the following:
- a supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of this role, directly addressing the person specification criteria in the Trustee role description and the details of the role on pages 10 – 12 of the Recruitment Pack.
- a comprehensive CV including details of your achievements in each position you have held, and including details of two referees.
All of these documents should be forwarded by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, in the first instance, please contact Gordon Johns, Chair at: email@example.com
If you have any queries about the application process, please contact Non Kinchin-Smith, HR Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org 01296 619400
• Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Monday 1 March 2021
• Interviews will be held virtually via Zoom on Friday 19 March 2021
Lymphoma Action, is a registered charity in England and Wales (1068395) and in Scotland (SC045850). We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all sections of society.