Lymphoma Action support groups welcome anyone affected by lymphoma, whether someone has a diagnosis themselves or family and friends.
What do support group organisers do?
- Organise and run a series of meetings that offer support and information.
- Identify topics for discussion and organise guest speakers to attend.
- Promote the group in the local area, with support from Lymphoma Action.
- Welcome new and existing members.
- Facilitate discussions with a range of people and positively engage with others
Is this role right for me?
- An understanding of cancer or lymphoma is required
- You will be at least 6 months on from completing treatment or starting on active monitoring.
- You'll have compassion for supporting others and a positive attitude.
- You'll have great communication and listening skills, be engaging and empathetic.
- You'll be proactive and have excellent organisational skills.
- It's a longer commitment of at least a year so you'll be a committed individual, yet it is a flexible opportunity.
- You'll be provided with an induction and support throughout the role.
Register your interest and we can tell you if there are any opportunities near you or talk through the practicalities of how we set up support groups.