Lymphoma Action support groups welcome anyone affected by lymphoma, whether someone has a diagnosis themselves or family and friends.
What do support group organisers do?
- Organise and run a series of meetings that offer support and information.
- Identify topics for discussion and organise guest speakers to attend.
- Promote the group in the local area, with support from Lymphoma Action.
- Welcome new and existing members.
- Facilitate discussions with a range of people and positively engage with others
Is this role right for me?
- An understanding of cancer or lymphoma is required.
- You'll have compassion for supporting others and a positive attitude.
- You'll have great communication and listening skills, be engaging and empathetic.
- You'll be proactive and have excellent organisational skills.
- It's a longer commitment of at least a year so you'll be a committed individual, yet it is a flexible opportunity.
- You'll be provided with an induction and support throughout the role.
We are currently recruiting for volunteers in the North of England and the South East & London.
If we don't have roles available in your location, please register your interest and we will keep your details on our secure database and let you know when we are recruiting.