Our online meetings are hosted on Zoom, lasting for one hour and usually take place monthly.
What 's involved?
- Host and facilitate a series of online support meetings.
- Support the technical control of the meetings (induction and training provided).
- Welcome new and existing attendees.
- Facilitate discussions, making sure that everyone has an opportunity to share their experience and get the support and information they seek.
- Connect people to the information and support available from Lymphoma Action.
Is this role right for me?
- It's a home-based role, and you'll need access to a device to facilitate meetings - ideally a computer or laptop.
- If you have been diagnosed with lymphoma, or are close to someone who has, you/they will be at least 6 months on from completing treatment or starting on active monitoring.
- You'll have great communication and listening skills, be engaging and empathetic.
- It's a longer commitment of at least a year so you'll be a committed individual.
- You'll be provided with an induction, shadowing sessions and ongoing support throughout the role.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds, communities and experiences and strive to have diverse representation within our volunteer community. We will make you to feel welcome and respected as we work together to make sure no one faces lymphoma alone.
What you'll gain from this role
- Knowing that you're making a difference to people affected by lymphoma / blood cancer.
- Being a valued member of our volunteering community, which is at the heart of our work.
- Develop your understanding of lymphoma and the work of a national charity.
- Opportunities to enhance skills such as communication and facilitation.
- Enhancing your own wellbeing through connecting with others and giving your time to make a positive impact as you support others.
Register your interest.