Unleash your creativity by joining in with our Marvellous Makeathon! The idea is simple - have fun creating something special (it could be a painting, a poem, a pie, or anything you like) and enter it into our Marvellous Makeathon competition. Every entry will be in with the chance of winning a Spring hamper full of delicious treats!
There are so many ways you and your family can join in with the fun! Here are a few ideas to help inspire you:
- paint a picture
- bake a cake
- make some music
- write a poem
- knit a scarf
- build a bug hotel
- create some Spring or Easter decorations
- press some flowers and make a collage
- take some photographs - perhaps you could look out for the first signs of Spring?
- get gardening - perhaps you could create a sensory herb garden, or a wildlife garden?
There is no limit to how many times you can enter (so long as you make something different for each entry) which means you can really get into the creative spirit and have fun creating as many things as you like!
Throughout 2021 we are putting a special focus on ‘positive mental wellbeing’, as part of our 35th anniversary celebrations. Did you know that taking the time to do something creative can help your mental wellbeing? As well as being fun, slowing down and getting into a creative flow can help to reduce stress and anxiety as well.
How to take part
- Get creative and have fun making something - you could get your whole family involved!
- Take a photo or a video of your creation/s and upload it to GivePenny to enter the competition before the closing date at midnight on Sunday 18 April.
- When you upload your photo, you will be asked to make a small donation, to help us continue to be there for everyone affected by lymphoma when they need us most.
- Check out our social media to see some of our favourite entries. We will announce the winner on Thursday 22 April.
You might like to join our Marvellous Makeathon Facebook group to see what other people taking part are getting up to! It's a lovely way to get inspired and share your creations with other people on #TeamLymphoma.
If you have any questions, our fundraising team are here to help! Please email us at email@example.com or call us on 01296 619419. And don't forget, to be in with a chance of winning our Spring hamper, you must submit your entries to the Marvellous Makeathon competition before midnight on Sunday 18 April.
Lymphoma Action is proud to have been making a difference for 35 years.
Thank you so much for your support. With your help we can make sure no one has to face lymphoma alone.