If 2020 has taught us anything, it's the importance of friends and family. And Lunch for lymphoma is the perfect excuse to bring people together (whether that's in a socially distanced setting, or via a video calling application) to eat, drink, and be merry - all whilst raising money to help people affected by lymphoma.
Tips for hosting a socially distanced Lunch for lymphoma
- Pick a safe location for your gathering - perhaps in a park or a garden - and make sure you have enough space to maintain social distancing
- Invite your guests (check the most up-to-date Government guidelines to see how many you are allowed to invite)
- Plan your food - we would recommend that each household brings their own food, but if you decide to cook for your guests make sure you can do so safely and only use clean plates, cups, cutlery etc
- Plan some fun games for you and your guests to play
- Ask for donations when people arrive - remember to wash or sanitise your hands after handling cash
Tips for hosting a virtual Lunch for lymphoma
- Pick a video calling application, such as Zoom, Skype, Houseparty, FaceTime, or Microsoft Teams
- Plan a time for your event and invite as many friends and family as you like - but remember to check how many participants your chosen video calling application allows
- Plan your food - will you ask your guests to all cook the same dish so you can feel like you're eating 'together'?
- Plan some virtual games for you and your guests to play
- Ask for online donations to take part - our recommended partner for this event is GivePenny (as it's integrated with Spotify so you can ask your friends for donations in exchange for adding a song to your personalised Lunch for lymphoma playlist) but you can of course use JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving, or set up a Facebook fundraiser.
For more ideas & resources to make your event a success, complete the form below to get your free Lunch for lymphoma pack.
And if you would like to make your Lunch for lymphoma fun for little ones too, why not organise a Teddy bears' picnic?! Complete the form below and tick Lunch for lymphoma and Teddy bears' picnic pack for your free bear ears.