If English is not your first language, or you would just prefer to talk to us in another language, you can call our helpline and ask to speak to us through the interpreting service Language Line.
What is Language Line?
Language Line is an interpretation service. Their professional interpreters offer over 200 languages. Using this service enables us to have a three-way helpline call with you.
Please note that you will need to call us to request this service. If you are not able to make the call yourself, you can ask someone to do this on your behalf.
Language Line do not take or keep any notes from the call, so you can be reassured that they are not recording your call in any way.
Read more about Language Line on their website (opens new window).
How to make a call to us
- Call the helpline on 0808 808 5555 between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Friday.
- Tell us that you would like to speak to us in another language. We will need to know your phone number to call you back on, and your first name. Please be aware that we will pass these details on to Language Line (in order for them to call you back). If you are not able to do this in English, you can ask someone to do this on your behalf. However, you will need to give that person permission to pass on your name and contact number.
- Once we have your details, we will end the call with you.
- We will contact Language Line. We will give them your first name and your phone number, and let them know what language you would like to talk to us in.
- Language Line will call you back.
- We can then talk to you through Language Line’s interpretation service. What you ask us will be translated by Language Line to us, and our reply will be translated back to you.
- At the end of the call you just hang up the phone as usual.
- You will not be charged for this call-back.