What could you do?
You can do as much or little as you like. Here are some of the ways you can raise awareness:
- Distributing literature to GP surgeries, health centres and other locations in your area.
- Represent Lymphoma Action at events, exhibitions and cheque presentations.
- Go along to events in your area to support our fundraisers.
- Give talks and presentations to relevant groups and organisations about lymphoma and Lymphoma Action.
- Support and promote Lymphoma Action campaigns and fundraising activities.
Is this role right for me?
- You'll carry out activities in your own time so it's very flexible around your other commitments, an often on an occasional basis.
- We're looking for people who either have an understanding of how lymphoma/cancer can affect people or are willing to learn more through our training and induction.
- You will be at least 6 months on from completing treatment or starting on active monitoring.
- We'll keep in regular contact with you about opportunities to represent us in your local area.
- You'll be self-motivated, proactive and organised.
- You'll be travelling across your local area so you'll need access to either your own car or public transport - reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- You'll be representing Lymphoma Action so you will have a positive view on the charity and our mission and values or a willingness to learn more.
- You'll be provided with an induction, training and ongoing support throughout the role.