What do ambassadors do?
You can do as much or little as you like. Here are some of the ways you can raise awareness as an ambassador:
- Raise awareness of lymphoma and the charity by distributing literature to GP surgeries, health centres and other locations in your area.
- Represent Lymphoma Action at events, exhibitions and cheque presentations.
- Go along to events in your area to support our fundraisers.
- Give talks and presentations to relevant groups and organisations about lymphoma and Lymphoma Action.
- Support and promote Lymphoma Action campaigns and fundraising activities.
Is this role right for me?
- You'll carry out activities in your own time so it's very flexible around your other commitments - we say around 6-10 hours a month.
- We're looking for people who either have an understanding of how lymphoma/cancer can affect people or are willing to learn more through our training and induction.
- We'll keep in regular contact with you about opportunities to represent us in your local area.
- You'll be self-motivated, proactive and organised.
- You'll be confident in speaking to varying groups of people and if you're happy to do presentations be comfortable speaking in public.
- You'll be travelling across your local area so you'll need access to either your own car or public transport - reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- You'll be representing Lymphoma Action so you will have a positive view on the charity and our mission and values or a willingness to learn more.
- You'll be provided with an induction, training and ongoing support throughout the role.
We have ambassadors across the UK, however we may not have roles available in all areas. Register your interest and we can tell you if there are any opportunities near you. If not then we will keep your details on our secure database and let you know when we are recruiting.