Living with lymphoma can be demanding: physically, practically and emotionally – not only for the person who’s been diagnosed, but for family members and friends too.
Although you might not recognise yourself as a ‘carer’, it’s the term often used to mean anyone who is supporting someone with lymphoma, whether you’re a partner, friend or sibling of the person.
Caring for someone with lymphoma can bring a range of significant challenges. We also often hear that some relationships change in positive ways, for example, developing a greater sense of emotional closeness.
The webinar aims to:
• recognise some of the challenges and opportunities that supporting a loved one with lymphoma can bring;
• recognise the physical, practical and emotional impact of supporting a loved one on you;
• share experiences of some of these issues; and
• learn about some self-care strategies that you might find helpful.
We will be joined by
- Charlotte Bloodworth - Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) for Lymphoma, University Hospital of Wales
- Angela Waind - Consultant Counselling Psychologist, North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Brian and Lyndsey - individuals both supporting a loved one with lymphoma
Joining the webinar
This webinar is run through GoToWebinar. Once you register you will be sent a unique joining link, and this will come from GoToWebinar (if you don't receive it, please check your email spam box!) You will also receive a reminder one day before, and one hour before, the webinar.
Never used GoToWebinar before?
If you haven't used GoToWebinar before, you might like to join the webinar a few minutes early to ensure you can get connected. (Some devices might require you to download the GoToWebinar app to run the webinar.) You can also see our guide for how to join a GoToWebinar webinar.