What could you do?
During the current COVID19 situation, our activities have moved solely online.
You can do as much or little as you like.
- Deliver virtual talks and presentations
- Raise awareness through media opportunities or on your own social media channels
- Take part in, or promote online fundraising opportunities
Here are some of the ways you can get involved when our community activity does resume:
- Promote Lymphoma Action’s information, events and campaigns
- Provide on-the-day support to staff and/or other volunteers to deliver successful community events
- Run a Lymphoma Action information stand at a health event or in a hospital
Is this role right for me?
- It's a flexible role where you decide how much time you’d like to give and the type of activity you’d like to do
- We'll keep in regular contact with you about opportunities to represent us
- You'll be provided with an induction, task-based learning and support throughout the role
- You'll have a basic understanding of lymphoma and knowledge of Lymphoma Action, or be willing to learn
- You'll enjoy meeting and working with a diverse range of people
- You'll be travelling across your local area (in the future) so you'll need access to either your own car or public transport - reasonable expenses will be reimbursed
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds, communities and experiences and strive to have diverse representation within our volunteer community. We will make you to feel welcome and respected as we work together to make sure no one faces lymphoma alone.
What you'll gain from this role
- Being a valued member of our volunteering community, which is at the heart of our work.
- Develop your understanding of lymphoma and the work of a national charity
- Opportunities to enhance skills such as communication, event support and teamwork
- Opportunities to bring your expertise and interests to the role
- Enhancing your own wellbeing through giving your time to make a positive impact, being active in your community and connecting with others.