Although Lymphoma is the fifth most common cancer, it’s still not widely recognised or understood. Your time and support can make all the difference to the success of our community activities, helping us raise awareness of lymphoma and informing, supporting and connecting everyone affected.
Example activities you can get involved with
- Attend local events in your community
- Get involved on social media by sharing messages across your own channels
- Give a talk or presentation, including virtual presentations
- Take part in fundraising activities from collections, cheque presentations to online events
- Promote Lymphoma Action’s information, events and campaigns by displaying posters and flyers across your local area.
Is this role right for me?
- If you have been diagnosed with lymphoma, or are close to someone who has, before taking on the role you/they should be at least 6 months on from completing treatment or starting on active monitoring
- Volunteering in the community through face to face interactions will be entirely led by your comfort levels
- We have a mix of online and community activities
- It's a flexible role where you decide how much time you’d like to give and the type of activity you’d like to do
- We'll keep in contact with you about opportunities to represent us
- You'll be provided with an induction, task-based learning and support throughout the role
- You should have a basic understanding of lymphoma and knowledge of Lymphoma Action, or be willing to learn
- You'll be meeting and working with a diverse range of people
- You might be travelling across your local area so you'll need access to either your own car or public transport - expenses will be reimbursed
- You need access to a mobile phone (and Zoom for training purposes).
What you'll gain from this role
- Be part of our valued volunteer community, which is at the heart of our work
- Develop a deeper understanding of lymphoma and the work of a national charity
- Opportunities to develop your communication, event support and teamwork skills
- Opportunities to bring your expertise and interests to the role
- Enhance your own wellbeing through being active in your community and connecting with others.