- Salary: £24,000 p/a (calculated on a pro-rata basis as £19,200 for a 28-hour working week)
- Location: Aylesbury head office with hybrid/flexible working
- Hours: Part time, 28 hours per week (0.8 of FT)
- Closing date: 22 August
- Interviews: in-person at Aylesbury office on 5 and 6 September
Are you looking to make a difference in the voluntary sector? Are you passionate about supporting individuals to live well beyond their cancer diagnosis?
This role is key to helping us to deliver our national peer-led self-management programme to people living with lymphoma so that they can live well with and beyond their diagnosis. The role is pivotal in coordinating the engagement, planning and delivery of our proven model for sustainable self-management. You’ll be engaging with clinical nurse specialists to deliver workshops in their locality, ensuring a positive uptake of places for people with lymphoma and their key family members. You’ll be building on several years success in delivering this project, available as live and online workshops and mini online course.
To be successful you will need to have:
- a warm, sensitive and understanding approach towards people with lymphoma;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- excellent administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks, manage workload under pressure and meet deadlines;
- excellent digital and IT skills; and
- ideally, experience of running in-person and digital events.
We have a great working culture that focuses on what we are here to do but also on being creative, supportive and having the right environment to be effective.
Lymphoma Action is the UK’s only charity dedicated to lymphoma, the UK’s fifth most common cancer. We’ve been providing expert information and wide-ranging support for more than 35 years, helping thousands of people affected by lymphoma.
- If you would like to find out more about this role, please download the Recruitment Pack which includes the Job Description & Person Specification.
- To apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae and a Supporting Statement to evidence how you have gained the skills and experience we are looking for, as per the selection criteria in the Person Specification.
- We actively welcome applications that will help increase the diversity of our workforce, welcoming applications from those with disabilities and from minority groups and from different backgrounds and experiences.
- Applicants are also asked to complete an Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form, which will be kept separately to CVs and not seen by the Panel.
- To apply, please email your CV, Supporting Statement and Diversity Monitoring Form (as Word documents, not pdfs) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 August 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on 24 August inviting them to interview on 5 or 6 September, to be held at the Aylesbury office.
We reserve the right to review applications and schedule interviews on an on-going basis, so early applications are encouraged.
If you have any queries about the application process or would like more information about the role, please contact Non Kinchin-Smith, HR Officer email@example.com
Lymphoma Action is a registered charity in England and Wales (1068395) and in Scotland (SC04850).