Why not get sponsored to do something?
- Cycle 27 miles during a month (approx 4 x 7 mile rides)
- Walk to school or work 27 times
- Swim 27 lengths or widths in your local pool
- Run a mile a day for 27 days
- Go to 27 Zumba classes
- Have 27 sugar/chocolate/wine/beer/meat/caffeine free days
- Wear a ball gown or fancy dress to work for the day
Have a go at one of these 27 ideas to raise £27:
- Look in pockets and old bags to collect lost, loose change
- Do the washing up for 27 days in return for a donation
- Sell an item of clothing you no longer wear on an auction or sale site like eBay
- Challenge a friend to a game of your choice – the loser makes a donation
- Wash someone’s car – or 27 cars! – for a donation
- Forgo your morning coffee – donating the money you would have spent
- Set up a swear jar for 27 days. Alternatively ban a set of over-used words, with each utterance being fined £1
- Eat a simple dinner for 27 days and donate the money saved
- Bake cakes or biscuits and ‘sell’ them in return for a donation
- Offer to walk a friend’s dog for a donation
- Make up a set of promise IOUs and 'sell' them to friends and family who can redeem them in the future
- Organise a tea party at home or work and ask for donations
- Hold a book swap – get all your friends to bring a book they have read and pay £1 to swap with someone else
- Ask 27 friends and family to donate £1 each
- Take a packed lunch to work for 27 days and donate the money saved
- Host a quiz night for 27 friends with a £1 entry charge
- Offer someone help in the garden for a donation – lawn mowing, pruning or weeding
- Throw a dinner party for 27 guests and ask each to donate at least a £1
- Walk instead of getting the bus and donate the fare
- Have a clear out or ask people to donate items and run a bric-a-brac/garage sale
- Take cuttings from your garden and 'sell' them to friends
- Offer a masterclass in one of your skills (sewing, gardening, cooking, music) in return for a donation
- Go American and set-up a homemade lemonade stall selling glasses for £1 each
- Finally get round to comparing energy suppliers and donate the savings made
- Host a cocktail party and make 27 different cocktails
- Simply put £1 a day in jar and watch the pennies mount up!
Once you've decided...
Set up a page on JustGiving to collect money easily and safely.
Remember please do not send cash through the post - you can pay in money safely to us online, on the phone or by cheque.